Dates: Tuesday Feb 10 to Monday Feb 16, 2015 (6 nights).
Focus: Candid peer-to-peer examination of the Cuban legal system and exploration of Cuban culture fitting the guidelines for travelers using an Office of Foreign Assets Control, US Department of the Treasury, General Research License.
INCLUDED: (This land package provided by Cuba Education and Explorer Tours, Vancouver, Canada)
• Hotel: Melia Cohiba (5-stars, but remember this hotel will not equate to a 5-star hotel in the US)
• Full time English-speaking Cuban guide and transportation in a "luxury" tour coach with dedicated chauffer, airport transfers
• All breakfasts and lunches, two dinners, all activities
• Mandatory Cuban medical insurance coverage
NOT INCLUDED: (These additionals are expected to cost about $500)
• Charter airfare from Miami to Havana
• Cuban Tourist card
• Cuban airport departure tax
Pricing: $2399 per participant based on double room occupancy, $250 single room surcharge
In February 2015 I took a group of 16 mediators to Cuba. (We were there the same time as Conan O'Brien but sadly, we did not run into him or the film crew.) You can read what I had to say about Cuba in three blog posts -
This was a once in a lifetime trip for David and I. While it was definitely worth our time and money I don't see us doing Cuba again.
Epilogue - Six months after our trip I received an email from our Guide telling me he had defected and was now living in California. I can understand why he made that choice.